Click the play below to listen to the podcast
Welcome to another episode of the Hunter Podcast in-house style.
Today we have the privilege of talking to Sue Bond, an interior designer based in South Africa. Sue's career began with her love for her property and her ability to turn a house into something beautiful.
Her job has always been very personal, and fell into it instead of choosing her. Sue has worked extensively around the world, working with clients in Hong Kong, South Africa, Spain, Russia and throughout the United Kingdom.
In today's episode, Sue shares her journey and how her business has been transformed over the years from work to work. We also sink the personal nature of Sue's business and why it prefers to build its clientele from mouth to mouth.
Finally, Sue shares more about her love of art and how she incorporates artists and creators into her home and artists in her works around the world.
For all this and more, do not forget to miss this incredible interview!
Key points of this episode:
- How Sue's first interior design customer came from real estate days.
- Why Sue's work has remained very personal.
- The global exhibition that Sue was able to get for her business.
- What does art mean for Sue and how does it live with art?
- Because Sue thinks some of the most talented artists are from South Africa.
- How Sue integrates South Africa's art and textiles into work abroad.
- The details of Sue's extreme make-up installation.
- Using personal design styles to attract the right customers for your business.
- Why Sue gets her ultimate best ideas from her travels.
- How different cultures approach the sharing of their interior design.
- What Sue has learned in design, from her travel experiences.
- The biggest challenges Sue faces is the growth of her business.
- What can we look forward to at Sue Bond Interiors.
- Around questions with Sue.
"As my confidence in what I have created for my clients has increased, the size of the works has increased." – Sue Bond [0:01:38.1]
"There's nothing better than delivering a project over where you've literally changed someone's life" – Sue Bond [0:14:07.1]
Links cited in the current episode:
- Sue Bond – Elle Decoration Home Tour: Fresnaye House by Sue Bond
- Sue at Instagram