Rapper Mac Miller's death on September 27 due to accidental overdose was confirmed in his final necropsy report, published on November 5th.
Almost two months after the rapper Mac Miller died, an autopsy from the Los Angeles County Medical Examination Office revealed that he succumbed to accidental overdose of fentanyl, alcohol and cocaine.
The toxicology report, received by the US today Monday, concluded that rapper, 26, died of "multiple drug toxicity". This means that while the amount of each individual drug in his system was not enough to kill him, the combination of the three drugs was.
Fentanyl, the same synthetic opioid that killed the Prince in 2016, is 50 times stronger than heroin and usually kills slowing breathing at the point of death. It is used to treat pain in cancer patients, but the street version is often mixed with heroin and cocaine and is absorbed by the user without their knowledge.
Alcohol also slows breathing, while cocaine, a stimulant, can cause a lethal heart rate. The National Institute for Drug Abuse says that the combination of an opioid with cocaine creates an intense rush that is said to combine the high of the two drugs while suppressing the negative properties of both drugs.
However, this combination, known as speedball, may be a fatal combination, as in the case of comedian John Belushi, whose 1982 death arose from intravenous administration. Miller's autopsy report noted the absence of needle points, but reported the presence of a $ 20 canned bin, which suggested deflating drugs instead of injecting them.
According to the report, Miller was indifferent by kneeling on his bed in a "prayer" at his home in Los Angeles on September 27th by his assistant, who called in 911 and was instructed to perform CPR until paramedics arrived. They hid him dead of an apparent overdose on stage at 11:51 am PDT.
The report also reported that Miller, whose real name was Malcolm James McCormick, had a history of abuse of prescription drugs and road and alcoholic beverages that returned just three days before his death.
Pitt's local death came just a few months after he left Ariana Grande's girlfriend, and only a few weeks after the release of his award-winning "Swimming" album.
It was mentioned in a public vigilance in Pittsburgh in September and a tribute to Los Angeles last week.
Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/11/05/mac-miller-overdosed-fentanyl-cocaine-alcohol-coroner/1891524002/